About the Race
The Guam Ko'ko' Road Races is the island's most fun annual running event and has been a Guam Visitors Bureau signature sports tourism event for the past 10 years!
This year, GVB decided to shake things up and is excited to introduce the new 10K Run/Walk distance in addition to the Half Marathon and the only on Guam Ekiden Relay Race on Sunday, October 30 2016. The Ko'ko' Road Races will also incorporate a Halloween costume theme and costume contests with awesome prizes from its sponsors.
Although the Ko'ko Road Races will be a super fun event, it supports a very serious plight — to raise awareness for Guam's territorial bird, the Guam rail or ko'ko' bird, a flightless bird endemic to Guam.
Race Course and Distances
The Guam Ko'ko' Road Races include three distinct races:
- Half Marathon
- 10K Run/Walk
- Ekiden Relay
All races will start and end at Governor Joseph F. Flores Memorial Park (Ypao Beach) in the heart of beautiful Tumon Bay.
Race Start Times:
- Half Marathon – 4:00 AM
- 10K/Ekiden Relay – 5:00 AM
The race courses will showcase the scenic villages of Tumon, Tamuning, Asan, and the capital city of Hagåtña. Participants can expect cheering groups, water stops and entertainment along the race courses.
Exciting Event Highlights
- Guam's most fun running event with three races — Half Marathon, 10K Run/Walk and Ekiden Relay
- Quality running courses, timing and results
- Managed by experienced race organizers
- Unique cultural and entertainment experience with events open to the public
- Halloween themed costumed runs and activities
- Costume contests with great prizes from event sponsors
- Guam's only Ekiden Relay event. Run in costume with three of your favorite running friends!
|Half Marathon||Guam Resident||Non - Resident|
|May 2 - Jun 30||$45||$65|
|Jul 1 - Aug 31||$65||$85|
|Sep 1 - Oct 25||$80||$100|
|Oct 28 and 29||$100||$120|
|10K Run/Walk||Guam Resident||Non - Resident|
|May 2 - Jun 30||$20||$40|
|Jul 1 - Aug 31||$25||$45|
|Sep 1 - Oct 25||$35||$55|
|Oct 28 and 29||$50||$75|
|Ekiden Relay||Guam Resident||Non - Resident|
|May 2 - Jun 30||$80||$160|
|Jul 1 - Aug 31||$100||$180|
|Sep 1 - Oct 25||$140||$220|
|Oct 28 and 29||$200||$300|